New Delhi: The pandemic situation turned grim in India with a new daily high of nearly 3.5 lakh cases and 2,760 fatalities on Sunday. Following the deadly surge, the country’s tally climbed to 1,69,60,172, while active cases crossed the 25-lakh mark. India reports 3,49,691 new COVID-19 cases, 2,767 deaths, and 2,17,113 discharges in the last 24 hours. Total cases: 1,69,60,172; Total recoveries: 1,40,85,110
Death toll: 1,92,311; Active cases: 26,82,751; Total vaccination: 14,09,16,417″, the Union Health Ministry data showed. This is the fourth consecutive day when the country has recorded over 3 lakh cases. Earlier on Saturday, it had registered over 3.46 lakh fresh Covid-19 cases.Also Read - Madhya Pradesh Records 42 COVID-19 Cases, Active Count Stands At 298
Ten states, including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Delhi, reported 74.15 percent of the new COVID-19 cases. Also, 12 states are displaying an upward trajectory in daily cases. These are Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Bihar and West Bengal. Most of these states have imposed night curfew, weekend shutdown and other lockdown-like restrictions. Also Read - Maharashtra Will Impose Another Lockdown If...: Guardian Minister Drops Big Hint Amid Rising Covid Cases
Also Read - Monkeypox A Big Threat To Young Children, Warns ICMR; WHO Issues Key Facts About Disease | Details Inside
India Covid Cases Today: Here are the latest updates
- 31 patients died in two hospitals that complained of oxygen shortage in Delhi and Amritsar while many other health facilities said they were struggling to meet the oxygen needs of the patients and appealed to the governments for help.
- 5 tons of oxygen received at the hospital at 0415 hours today. Oxygen running in full pressure after a long time, said Spokesperson, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Delhi.
- In Kerala, lockdown-like curbs came into force for 48 hours with only essential services and emergency activities being allowed and a holiday declared for government offices and PSUs.
- The central government has also decided that basic customs duty on import of COVID vaccines be also waived with immediate effect for a period of three months. The decisions was taken at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to boost oxygen availability in the country.
- Ahead of the roll-out of vaccination of people aged between 18 and 45 from May 1, the Centre asked states to register additional private vaccination centres and ensure effective crowd management at sites and stressed on inoculation through “only online registration” for beneficiaries in the age bracket.
- Joining several other states like UP, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Madhya Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir announced free vaccine for all.
COVID-19 in India: Statewise Status
|S. No.||Name of State / UT|| || |
|Total Active Cases||Change since yesterday||Total Cured/Discharged/Migrated ||Change since yesterday||Deaths Cumulative||Change since yesterday|
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||146||7 ||5358||49 ||65|| |
|3||Arunachal Pradesh||453||73||16921||61||56|| |
|8||Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu||1785||117||4353||115||4|| |
|14||Jammu and Kashmir||16993||899||137240||1019||2111||19|
|*(Including foreign Nationals)|