Indian Railways Latest News: Travellers can now book their train tickets through IRCTC’s Rail Connect App. In the month of May 2018, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation had announced the launch of the new phone app on Twitter.
Here are the rules of booking train tickets through the Rail Connect app:
1) To avail the facility, passengers must open an account on the IRCTC online portal. After opening an account, users can easily log in to their IRCTC app, Rail Connect.
2) The IRCTC restricts the number of passengers who are booked under the same Passenger Name Record (PNR) to four.
3) Users of the IRCTC app and those who use the online window must note that the portal for AC tickets opens at 10 AM, while for non-AC tickets at 11 AM.
4) After logging into the online portal, users can select their boarding station, destination station and the date of journey. After choosing the details, users must click the Submit button.
5) Moreover, users must enter all the relevant details including their name, age, gender, preference, and mobile number.
6) After entering the correct details, the captcha code must be filled.
7) The final step is to click on the e-wallet pay to buy the tickets. Some of the payment options include Airtel Money and Ola Money.
Through this phone app, the user can make payments using their IRCTC e-wallet. As per the IRCTC rules, a single user can add up to six banks in their IRCTC e-wallet. Notably, the app lets users book Tatkal tickets with the help of the money deposited in their e-wallet from their respective bank account.
Earlier, the IRCTC had offered an app which lets users book a plane ticket for Rs 50 as against the service charge of Rs 200 charged by other online platforms. IRCTC had also tied up with Bharti Axa to provide free of cost Travel insurance to customers booking Air Tickets through the app.