New Delhi: The railway ministry has developed a software ‘eDrishti’, which will help the department to monitor the entire rail network, including movement of trains and earnings of the national transporter, live from the office. Union minister Piyush Goyal will also be able to keep an eye on the entire rail network through this software.
The system will be made available for the general public soon. The ministry move is aimed to bring transparency in the system.
Things to know about the software:
1. The software is developed by the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS). The software would give Piyush Goyal a bird’s eye view of freight and passenger earnings, freight loading and unloading, punctuality, major projects, grievances, live trains, station details, and much more.
2. The railway ministry will also get train timing information through this website.
3. The department will be able to keep a vigil on the safety and sanitation on the stations. The base kitchens of IRCTC, the catering arm of railways is also connected with the software. The kitchen has been linked because of complaints being received by the railways regarding the quality of food.
4. Real-time updates about major projects will be sent through the software. This will make policy and decision-making swifter.
5. The software will help in tracking the status of reserved and unreserved passengers travelling in the train.