New Delhi, May 29: In a fresh development, Director General of Military Operations (DGMOs) of India and Pakistan spoke to each other on the issue of ceasefire violations and terrorist activities among other issues, ANI reported on Tuesday. If reports are to be believed, both countries have agreed to fully implement the ceasefire understanding of 2003.  India and Pakistan also agreed upon that in case of any issue, restraint will be exercised and the matter will be resolved through utilisation of existing mechanisms of hotline contacts and border flag meetings at local commander’s level. Also Read - PM Narendra Modi Congratulates US President Joe Biden, Says Looking Forward To Work Together

A special hotline contact was established between the Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of Pakistan and India today, the Pakistan army said. Both DGMOs reviewed the prevailing situation along the Line of Control and Working Boundary and mutually agreed to undertake sincere measures to improve the existing situation ensuring peace and avoidance of hardships to the civilians along the borders,” the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the Pakistan Army, said in a statement. Also Read - China Pakistan Economic Corridor- Part 4- Chinese Mathematics of Debt

Incessant ceasefire violations by Pakistan from across the international border (IB) and Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu have been reported recently. The life of people living at the borders is miserable. Villagers along the border in Jammu are unable to carry out agriculture activities for livelihood nor can they send their children study as schools have been shut down.  For past two weeks, people are living in temples and schools to protect themselves from Pakistani bullets and mortar shells. Also Read - China Pakistan Economic Corridor: When China Invested in Pakistan, They Did The Math

Earlier in the day, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has also clarified that government has not announced any kind of unilateral ceasefire in Jammu and Kashmir during the holy month of Ramzan. While addressing his annual press conference, Singh said, “It wasn’t ceasefire, but suspension of operation in view of Ramzan. But it was clearly said that we’ll resume operation if any terror activity takes place. We haven’t tied hands of our security forces. Our forces killed 5 terrorists when an attack took place.” (Also Read: Pak Rangers Pleaded to Stop Firing Across International Border: BSF)

Earlier also while speaking at BSF Investiture Ceremony, Singh had said, “You (jawans) should not be the first to fire the shot, but once they do, you retaliate, no one will question you and your move.”  (ALSO READ: Pak Rangers Pleaded to Stop Firing Across International Border: BSF)

On May 16, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had asked the security forces not to launch operations against terrorist during the month of Ramzan. However, the Ministry had, clarified that the security forces reserve the right to take retaliatory action if they are attacked or if it is necessary to protect the lives of innocent civilians. (ALSO READ: J&K: BSF Troops Destroy Pakistani Bunkers Along International Border; Release Video)

The Home Minister also highlighted the all-round improvement in internal and external security under the Narendra Modi government. He informed, “A total of 619 terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir had been killed in gun battles with security forces so far.”

Compared to a high of 2,418 Maoist incidents under the UPA regime, only 1,481 incidents have taken place in the NDA rule, he said. “In 2013, Maoists were active in 76 districts but their area of influence and operations has shrunk to 58 districts in the last four years,” he added.