International Travel Rules: The Karnataka government on Friday revised its guidelines for international returnees and mandated a duplicate of self-declaration form to be submitted on arrival. The government asserted that passengers should ensure a two-meter physical distance while deboarding the plane. Also Read - International Flights: Now Indians Can Fly to Japan, UK, Canada And 10 Other Countries | Who is Allowed & Who is Not? Read Detailed SOPs
Foreign travellers coming to Karnataka are already required to submit a self-declaration form on the state government’s Yatri Karnataka online portal at least 72 hours before the flight date. Also Read - Air Travel Latest Updates: Indians May Not be Allowed to Enter This Country When Normal International Flights Resume | Here's Why
Here’s the revised rules for international travellers landing in Karnataka: Also Read - International Flights: Air India Cancels Flights to This City Till October 3 | Read Details
1. Deboarding to be conducted keeping two-meter physical distance between each person.
2. All passengers at arriving at the airport or seaport will be compulsorily screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Here are the various screenings to be conducted:
– Respective airlines will obtain a self-declaration form from each passenger in duplicate.
– Thermal screening
– Pulse oximeter reading
– Arogya Setu App, Quarantine Watch App and Apthamitra App on each passenger’s mobile phones.
3. All passengers will be sent to home quarantine for 14 days. If that is not possible, they will be allowed institutional quarantine.
4. For passengers travelling for less than 72 hours, there is no rule for quarantine. However, such passengers must provide a self-declaration form, a confirmed return ticket, documents pertaining to their visit ( for eg. an invitation card), a valid visa and details about their place of stay.
5. Passengers travelling for more than 48 hours but less than 7 days have to get a COVID-19 test done and only after getting a negative report can they complete their engagements and return.