Lucknow, June 21: A total of 22 world records were set during the celebration of International Yoga Day 2017 in Ahmedabad on Wednesday. 22 people entered the Golden Book of World Record on Wednesday when BJP national president Amit Shah, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Ramdev participated in the event along with thousands of other people.
Ramdev also made several announcements during the event out of which two main ones are that 10,000 yoga centres will be opened up by Patanjali all over the world and in the upcoming 5 years, the numbers of free yoga classes will be increased from one lakh to 5 lakh.
Here is the list of 22 world records:
1. Longest Yoga Marathon: Patanjali Yoga guru Shri Mahesh Yogi, who belongs to Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh, began performing yoga on June 19 at 5.20 am. He completed 51-hour of performance on June 21.
2. Longest performance of Sheershasan: Three workers of Patanjali Yogapeeth, Jaipal, Gopal Dangi and Mohan Shankar Rao Thakrey performed sheershasan in a group for 3 hours 33 minutes and 33 seconds in a single stretch.
3. Longest performance of Sheersh Padmasana: Patanjali Yoga guru Shri Ravi Vyom Shankar Jha from Madhubani in Bihar performed Sheersh Padmasana for 40 minutes to set a world record.
4. Surya Namaskar (below 18 years category): Patanjali Yoga guru Shri Chandramohan Negi performed surya namaskar or 4,500 time in just eight hours.
5. Surya Namaskar (Women): Patanjali Yoga teacher Monica Nishad performed surya namaskar for 3124 times.
6. Highest number of pushups: 17-year-old Patanjali yoga guru Aditya Singh from Satna, Madhya Pradesh performed 157 push ups in just a minute.
7. Sheershasan (Women category): Patanjali yoga guru Gayatri ji who belongs to Chhattisgarh performed Sheershasan for an hour and 4 minutes.
8. Sheershasan (junior women category): 17-year-old Patanjali Yoga guru Manisha Kumawat who is a resident of Sikar in Rajasthan performed Sheershasan for 51 minutes.
9. Surya Namaskar: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Devendra performed surya namaskar for 4050 times.
10. Vrikshasan: Patanjali Yogapeeth worker Shri Madan Mohan Ji from Parastar, Rajasthan performed Vrikshasan for 48 minutes and 32 seconds.
11. Maximum pushups in one minute with 15 kg weight: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Harshram performed 70 pushups in a minute along with 15 kg weight.
12. Maximum pushups in an hour: Patanjali Yoga guru Shri Kuldeep Saini performed 3150 pushups in an hour.
13. Maximum pushups in a minute: 157 pushups were performed by Shri Aditya SIngh in a minute
14. Fastest 1000 pushups: Bijnor’s Patanjali Yoga guru Dinesh Kumar performed 1000 pushups in 12 minutes.
15. Longest surya namaskar marathon: Patanjali yoga guru from Goa, Shri Pankaj Sainekar performed surya namaskar for continuously 15 hours.
16. Surya Namaskar in an hour: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Rajpal ji performed surya namaskar for 582 times in an hour.
17. Longest performance of Surya namaskar (below 18 years): Shri Chandramohan Negi (17) performed surya namaskar for 563 times.
18. Gaumukh Asana: Acharya Phulchandra performed gaumukh asana for 9 hours and 30 minutes.
19. Surya Namaskar (Women category): Patanjali yoga guru Jagriti performed surya namaskar 492 times to set a world record.
20. Surya Namaskar (young women category): Patanjali yoga teacher Vidya Rani performed surya namaskar 2,100 times in an hour.
21. Nauli yoga: Patanjali yoga guru Shri Pannalal performed Nauli Kriya 360 times in 5 minutes and 41 seconds.
The International Yoga Day 2017 main event was held in Lucknow on Wednesday. The main event saw the participation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.