Kulgam: A grenade attack on a CRPF party near Palladium lane at Lal Chowk, Srinagar, injured three CRPF personnel, four J-K police personnel and four civilians on Sunday evening. The area was cordoned off. More details were awaited.Also Read - Kashmir Calling! 5 New Villages to Enhance The Heavenly Beauty Of Dal Lake

Meanwhile, the five terrorists killed earlier in the day have been identified. They are Waseem Ahmad Rather, Aqib Nazir Mir, Parvaiz Ahmad Bhat, Idrees Ahmad Bhat and Zahid Ahmad Parray. As per police records, it was a combined group of Hizbul and LeT. Also Read - Flood Alert in Kashmir, Rains Send Mercury Level Nose-diving

Police are still trying to ascertain their exact affiliations. Also Read - Jammu And Kashmir: Bullet Riddled Body of Police Official Found in Pampore

Police have found incriminating material such as arms and ammunition at the site of encounter. The bodies have been handed over to the families of the deceased.

Following the encounter, four Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel were injured in heavy stone-pelting.

The encounter had broken out in the morning as terrorists fired upon a joint team of Indian Army’s Rashtriya Rifle, SOG Kulgam and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel during a cordon and search operation in the area after receiving inputs about the presence of terrorists.

Mobile internet services were also suspended in the area.

Earlier this month, a self-styled district commander of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) was killed in an encounter with security forces in Pulwama district.

The encounter broke out when a joint patrolling party of army and police was fired upon by terrorists at Chakoora area of Pulwama district.

Irfan Ahmed Sheikh was affiliated with LeT and was known as district commander of the outfit for Pulwama.

“Irfan Sheikh had a long history of terror crimes for which several terror cases were registered against him. He was involved in conspiring and executing several terror attacks on security establishments in the area including grenade attacks,” a police spokesman was quoted as saying.