New Delhi, July 9: One terrorist has been killed in the forest area of Kupwara’s Handwara in an encounter with security forces which started late on Sunday night, reported ANI on Monday morning.  The encounter had begun amid a shutdown called by the separatists to mark the second death anniversary of Hizbul commander Burhan Wani who was killed along with his two associates by the security forces on this day in 2014 in Anantnag’s district’s Kokarnag area.Also Read - 3 Suspected Highway Robbers Arrested After Encounter in UP: Police

Elsewhere, two terrorists reportedly barged into the house of a resident in Hajin’s Shahgund village in Bandipora district on Sunday and tried to slit the throat of his wife. The woman later succumbed to her injuries at a hospital in Srinagar. Also Read - Three Terrorists Killed During Encounter Between Militants and Security Forces in J&K's Pulwama; Operations Underway

On Saturday, a CRPF jawan was injured after terrorists hurled grenade on patrol party in Hyderpora area of Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam district. Also Read - UP on High Alert: Two Terrorists Nabbed in Lucknow, Al Qaeda Module Busted | All You Need to Know

The same day, three civilians, including a teenage girl, were killed after security forces allegedly opened fire at stone-pelters during a cordon and search operation in a south Kashmir’s Kulgam village. The deceased civilians were identified as Andleeb (16), Shakir Ahmad (22) and Irshad Ahmad (20).

Speaking to IANS, a police officer said, “Residents of Hawoora and adjoining villages tried to disrupt the anti-terror operation as security forces cordoned off the area following inputs that a group of militants was hiding in Kulgam, some 70 km from south of here. Three civilians sustained firearm injuries during the clash with security forces.” Curfew was imposed in Tral town located in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district on the eve of Wani’s death anniversary. It was announced early in the morning by the authorities over the public address systems.