Jammu and Kashmir: One cop died after a group of terrorists on Sunday attacked a police station in Jammu and Kashmir’s Shopian district, news agency ANI reported. The agency reported that the cop who was injured during the attack succumbed to his injuries. The number of terrorists has not been reported yet. The reports have it that the terrorists lobbed grenades at the police station which led to a gunfight. Also Read - After Filing For Divorce From Tina Dabi, Athar Khan Doesn't Want to Stay in Rajasthan; Applies For Deputation in J&K

It is a developing story and more details are awaited. Also Read - JKBOSE Kashmir 10th bi-Annual Result 2020 Declared: Here's How to Check

The Shopian terrorist attack comes at least 10 days after two Special Police Officers (SPOs) and one constable, who were kidnapped by the terrorists from Shopian in south Kashmir, were found dead by the locals. A Twitter handle purportedly belonging to the Hizbul Mujahideen group later claimed responsibility for the abduction and killing.

Those killed were identified as constable Nissar Ahmed and two special police officers – Firdous Ahmed and Kulwant Singh – from Kapren and Heepora areas of Shopian district.

Following the killing of three policemen, India called off dialogue with Pakistan which was supposed to be held on the sidelines of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in New York.

In an incident, which took place yesterday, Pakistan violated ceasefire in Saidpora village of Tangdar in North Kashmir’s Kupwara district. There were reports of heavy firing. In yet another incident on September 15, an Army jawan was injured in a ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control (LoC) in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir.

The Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing on forward posts in Noushera sector from across the border at around 10.30 AM. The injured person was rushed to the Command Hospital at Udhampur, he said, adding that his condition was stated to be stable. According to officials, Indian troops guarding the LoC also fired in retaliation and the firing between the two sides continued for quite some time.