New Delhi, June 4: Narendra Modi-led government is reportedly planning to ‘reintegrate misguided youths’ in Jammu and Kashmir, a day after chief minister Mehbooba Mufti asked separatist leaders to come forward and respond positively to Centre’s Ramzan ceasefire to end the ‘bloodshed’ in the valley. If reports are to be believed, Officials in the Union Home Ministry were working on a draft policy, focused around sports, tourism and employment, for Kashmir youths. The Centre’s latest move is aimed to counter rising terror recruitment in the Valley.
According to a report of The Indian Express, the policy would be discussed when Home Minister Rajnath Singh will meet CM Mufti during his visit to the state on June 7-8. Notably, it would be the home minister’s first visit after the centre’s May 16 decision to call a ceasefire during Ramzan.
On being asked about the timing of the plan, the home ministry official claimed that after Ramzan truce, there has been a decline in the number of stonepelting incidents after which the govt ts to reap the good conditions prevailing in most part of the Valley, except South Kashmir.
Earlier last month, Home Minister Rajnath Singh while talking about ‘Ramzan Relief’ had clarified,”It wasn’t ceasefire, but suspension of operation in view of Ramzan.” Adding “It was clearly said that we’ll resume operation if any terror activity takes place. We haven’t tied hands of our security forces.”
On May 16, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) had asked the security forces not to launch operations against terrorist during the month of Ramzan. However, the Ministry had, said that the security forces reserve the right to take retaliatory action if they are attacked or if it is necessary to protect the lives of innocent civilians.