New Delhi: India is currently witnessing a Sunday lockdown following Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s appeal to stay indoors and avoid any movement, as a way to cultivate the discipline of social distancing in a fight against the Coronavirus menace. The ‘Janata Curfew’ which began at 7 AM Sunday will continue till 9 in the evening. Also Read - Will There be a Fine if You Violate Janata Curfew? Know Here
State governments too have issued orders accordingly and have urged people to not step out of their homes today Also Read - Coronavirus: 'Janata Curfew' Begins, PM Modi Urges People to 'Add Tremendous Strength to Fight Against COVID-19 Menace'
Notably, the number of confirmed cases of Coronavirus infection in India has risen to 315. Also Read - Janata Curfew Today LIVE: States Announce Lockdown, Coronavirus Cases Rise to 396 in India, Says ICMR
As India observes the curfew, let’s have a look at what’s shut and what’s not:
1) Indian Railways has cancelled all passenger trains till 10 PM today during ‘Janta Curfew’ in the view of Coronavirus outbreak.
2) While curbs on international flights are in place, domestic airline such as GoAir has also suspended flights for today. IndiGo said that it will halt 40 per cent of domestic flights.
3) Metro services in various cities such as Karnataka, Delhi, Mumbai, Telangana and Maharashtra have been shut.
4) Cab services such as Uber and Ola have also suspended their services
5) In Haryana, buses have been asked to stay off roads.
6) To avoid public gathering, beaches are also shut in Chennai.
7) Mass gatherings have been banned in Kerala and Goa.
8) In Karnataka and Bihar, bars and restaurants will remain shut.