New Delhi: In a new disclosure in the death case of J Jayalalithaa, Apollo Hospitals in Chennai on Saturday submitted a five-page affidavit to Justice A Arumughaswamy Commission of inquiry, probing death of the late former TN CM stating that police officers including Inspector General of Police (Intelligence) KN Sathiyamurthy had requested them to keep CCTVs in the hospital off each time Jayalalithaa was taken out of her room.Also Read - Video: Sasikala Visits Jayalalithaa's Memorial For First Time Since Jail Release

Apart from Sathiyamurthy, R Veeraperumal, S Perumalsamy and Sudhaker were the members of Jayalalithaa’s personal security detail and they had requested to switch off the CCTV cameras. Sathiyamurthy, who was in charge of the Core Cell CID had the responsibility of protecting the late TN CM Jayalalitha. Earlier In June, he denied any involvement in switching off the cameras. Also Read - Jayalalithaa Wanted Aishwarya Rai Bachchan To Play Her Role In Thalaivii, Not Kangana Ranaut, Reveals Simi Garewal

Apollo Hospitals’ legal counsel Maimoona Badsha said that this was done when the then CM was wheeled through the corridors of the hospital. The affidavit also provided details of Jayalalithaa’s personal security. Also Read - Thalaivii Movie Review: Rise And Rise of Kangana Ranaut!

Earlier, on being asked about the CCTV footage, the Apollo Hospitals chairman had said, “I am sorry. Unfortunately, they switched off all the CCTVs for all the 75 days. As soon as she got admitted, the access to the ICU was closed. All patients were diverted to another ICU. This ICU was occupied only by her. Only one out of 24 beds in the ICU was used. They removed the camera because they did not want everyone to be watching.”

“In the hospital, we follow a simple policy. No one is allowed in the ICU, except close relatives for a short time. Since she was critical, we did not permit. But relatives have an option to ask for some people. The doctor who is on duty can allow,” he said.

Jayalalithaa was admitted to hospital on September 22, 2016. She was declared dead on December 5 after suffering from cardiac arrest a day before. Following her death, suspicion over the circumstances leading to her demise was raised by several persons, including Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam and his followers. The Tamil Nadu government appointed a commission under Justice A Arumughaswamy to probe her death.