Jammu, Feb 14: In a pre-dawn swoop on Tuesday, three jawans have been martyred and one terrorist has been gunned down by security forces during encounter in Hajin area of Bandipora district in Jammu and Kashmir. Recent tweets by ANI state that about four militants are believed to be holed up in the area. About 15 soldiers have been injured in the gunbattle. the injured soldiers have been airlifted to an army hospital in Srinagar. Also Read - After Filing For Divorce From Tina Dabi, Athar Khan Doesn't Want to Stay in Rajasthan; Applies For Deputation in J&K

On Sunday, security forces gunned down four Hizbul Mujahideen militants in an encounter in a village in south Kashmir’s Kulgam district. After the fierce encounter on Sunday, protests flared out in Kashmir Valley and thousands took to streets to raise their voice against the encounter in which four terrorists of the Hizbul Mujahideen and Lashkar-e-Taiba were killed. Also Read - JKBOSE Kashmir 10th bi-Annual Result 2020 Declared: Here's How to Check

Reports stated that the militants were hiding in a house and as the security forces neared the house, they came under gunfire, leading to a gunfight.  A total of two Army jawans and one civilian were killed while three soldiers were injured in the encounter. The martyred jawans include L/Nk Raghubeer Singh and L/Nk B G Singh while Major P K Nigam and RFN Sheeraj Ahmed, all from 1 Rashtriya Rifles, were injured. (ALSO READ: J&K: Encounter in Kulgam ends; 2 jawans martyred, 4 terrorists killed in a 10-hour long fierce gun battle)

As per reports by PTI, personnel from the Jammu and Kashmir police’s Special Operation group and the Indian Army cordoned off the village of Nowpora on Sunday morning after receiving specific inputs about presence of the militants in the village. Director General of Police S.P. Vaid was  quoted  by PTI saying that the security forces have achieved a “major success” by gunning down the four militants. “However, it is unfortunate that two soldiers were martyred and son of the house owner got caught in the cross-fire and succumbed to injuries,” he said.

After the 10-hour long gunbattle between the security forces and terrorists on Sunday, mass protests gained momentum in South Kashmir’s Kulgam district. Meanwhile, Union minister of state Jitendra Singh while commenting on the firece encounter said that it is no longer a secret that entire terrorism on Indian soil, particularly in J&K  is sponsored by Islamabad.