Shivamogga: At least five thatched huts were gutted in a fire at Mattodi village in Karnataka’s Shivamogga district. More details awaited. Also Read - Massive Fire Breaks Out at Kolkata's Baghbazar Area, 25 Fire Tenders Rush to Spot

Earlier this week, 12 thatched huts were gutted in a fire caused by an electrical short circuit in Kuthuppapallam near the Birds Road in Trichy. Properties worth lakhs of rupees were reduced to ashes. However, no casualty or injury was reported. Also Read - Wait Over! Tesla Finally Enters India as it Registers Office in Bengaluru; Karnataka CM Tweets Welcome to Elon Musk

The city fire service unit had received a call around 1.30 AM on Tuesday reporting a fire accident in Kuthuppapallam locality dotted with dozens of thatched huts. Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot. After about two-and-a-half years of intense firefighting, the fire was extinguished. Also Read - List of States That Announced Reopening of Schools, Colleges This Month

Officials had said the fire had started from a hut due to an electrical short circuit. An LPG cylinder in the hut burst when the fire caught it and was thereby aggravated.