Thiruvananthapuram: A fire on Wednesday broke out in a plastic manufacturing company in Manvila. The unit caught fire around 7 PM. As many as 30 fire tenders have reached the spot and trying to douse the fire. Two persons, who felt uneasy after inhaling the fumes, have been hospitalised. No loss of lives has been reported, so far. Also Read - UK Variant Dominant in North India, Double Mutant in Maharashtra, Gujarat; COVID Spreads Tentacles in Southern States | Highlights
People living nearby are being evacuated. Also Read - Kerala Logs Highest Single-Day Spike with Over 40K Cases, Govt to Strengthen Anti-COVID Measures
Workers, who were in the unit, managed to rush out as soon as the fire broke out, some of the workers said. Visuals aired by TV channels showed thick smoke billowing out of the unit as fire tenders are fighting the blaze for four hours.
It is a developing story and more details are awaited.