Ranchi, May 17:  RJD president Lalu Prasad Yadav has been released from jail after the trial courts gave him the permission following the six-week interim bail granted by the Jharkhand High Court on medical grounds. The former Bihar chief minister flew to Patna on Wednesday evening, said PTI. Lalu was in jail following conviction in the fodder scam cases.
After completing the formalities at the Birsa Munda Prison, the RJD chief came out of the jail and headed to the Ranchi airport straightaway, jail sources as well Lalu Yadav’s close aide Bhola Yadav, who was accompanying him, said. Also Read - Phone Call From Jail Row: Bihar BJP MLA Lalan Paswan Lodges FIR Against Lalu Prasad

No family member was at the Jayprakash Narayan airport in Patna to receive him. Only some supporters were there to greet the RJD chief, who came out on a wheelchair along with Bhola Yadav, an RJD MLA in Darbhanga district. From the airport, he left for the 10, Circular Road residence of his wife Rabri Devi with his security personnel. Lalu had been convicted in three fodder scam cases. Earlier on Monday, he had returned from a three-day parole granted to attend his elder son Tej Pratap Yadav’s wedding. Also Read - No Freedom of Expression? Chinese Journalist Faces 5 Years in Prison For Reporting on COVID-19

According to a report in The Pioneer, Lalu’s test reports showed he was suffering from 16 diseases, like blood sugar and back pain, for which he had pleaded before the High Court to grant him provisional bail on the ground that he was in a critical stage and his life was at risk. “Lalu Ji will be examined regularly in Patna by expert doctors who were treating him earlier till we get an appointment from Dr Ramakant Panda of Asian Heart Institute in Mumbai,” said Bhola Yadav. Also Read - Tejashwi Yadav Demands Recounting of Votes, Says NDA Achieved Bihar Poll Victory Through Money

Lalu had got admitted to RIMS in March and was later referred to AIIMS in New Delhi, from where he was brought back to RIMS on May 1. He continued there till he was released on parole for the May 12 wedding.