New Delhi: A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal met L-G Anil Baijal to discuss the doorstep delivery of the essential services. The CM and the L-G jointly addressed a press conference. Here are 10 things they said. Also Read - Coronavirus Lockdown: ICC Video Conference on Friday to Discuss Contingency Plans
1. We should, as effectively as possible, implement the instructions given in the notification Also Read - Coronavirus: Messi Donates One Million Euros, Ronaldo And Agent to Fund Three ICUs
2. We want minimum inconveniece to people, especially those belonging to the lower strata of society. Also Read - Pakistan Suspends Six Civil Servants For Taking Selfie With Coronavirus-Infected Colleague
3. Mechanism sare being chalked out to ensure home delivery of essential services.
4. Don’t come outside your homes. There are five essential commodities: Milk, vegetables, grocery, daily commodities like toothpaste, medicines. People who will supply these services would have to come out. And we have found a way to ensure that.
5. Don’t panic. Yesterday, we saw queues outside the shops soon after the announcement of national lockdown. The purpose of the lockdown gets defeated then.
6. Shops will be opened. We are responsible for that.
7. All essential service-providers will get passes. Some private employees already have office IDs. These passes are for those who don’t have IDs. Call us and we will give you e-passes. Then you can open your shops.
8. Call 23469536 to report any problem to the police.
9. Nobody will go to sleep hungry.
10. But there will be problems. Problems are inevitable. We will have to fight it together.