New Delhi: After Congress released its fifth list for the Madhya Pradesh Assembly Elections 2018, Vyapam accused Sanjeev Saxena Thursday said he felt betrayed for a while when his name did not feature among the 16 candidates in the list which was released today.
Saxena who had decided to contest polls as an independent candidate said that looking at the larger picture he feels that he should walk behind those with bigger issues and work towards strengthening the party.
After meeting Digvijay Singh, Saxena said, “I’ll work towards strengthening Congress. For a short while, I felt that I had been betrayed but now I feel I should walk behind those with bigger issues.”
He further said, “I’m innocent and the truth will come out. For now, I’ll work towards strengthening Congress. For once I felt that I’ve been betrayed but now I feel that I should walk behind those with bigger issues.”
Meanwhile, Vyapam’s whistleblower Dr. Anand Rai voiced his displeasure on not being given a ticket to fight in the assembly polls. “I have not been given a ticket to fight elections even though Rahul Gandhi had assured me of it. It was only because of me that Congress’s Sanjeev Saxena (Vyapam accused) was not given a ticket,’ said Rai.
Earlier today, Congress released its fifth list of 16 candidates for the upcoming assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh. Former Madhya Pradesh Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sartaj Singh who has joined Congress from BJP will be contesting from the Hoshangabad constituency.
Meanwhile, senior Congress leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi’s son Nitin filed nomination from Rajnagar on a Samajwadi party ticket. Commenting on how Congress has been at fault and is repeating its mistakes, Satyavrat Chaturvedi went on to say to that though he stands with the party, he cannot continue standing by the party’s mindset.