New Delhi: A woman was allegedly raped by her friend’s boyfriend in Palghar district of Maharashtra. The incident took place on February 13, police said. The victim had gone to her friend’s place to celebrate her birthday. Police said that the victim’s birthday party was organised at her friend’s house in Waliv. The host’s boyfriend was also present at the party and the two spiked the victim’s drink.Also Read - Is Maharashtra Heading Towards Another Covid Lockdown? CM Uddhav Thackeray Makes A Big Statement

“The woman host pinned the victim down when she was drowsy and her boyfriend raped her. The duo also threatened the victim to not reveal the incident to anybody,” a police official said to PTI. Also Read - Maharashtra: 62 Inmates of Thane Old Age Home Test Covid Positive

The 27-year-old victim, a resident of Kandivali in the northern part of Mumbai, later filed a complaint with Waliv police on Sunday. Also Read - Planning Lockdown, Urging Flight Ban And Scaling up Testing: How Are Indian States Preparing to Combat Omicron 

Following the complaint, the woman host and her boyfriend, both in their mid-twenties, were booked for rape and criminal intimidation said Palghar police’s public relations officer Hemant Katkar.

Last month, a 30-year-old tribal woman was allegedly raped twice by two sets of accused in suburban Mankhurd. Four persons and detained a minor was arrested in this connection.

Police had said that the woman, the mother of two, got admitted to Shatabdi Hospital in suburban Govandi. The woman was allegedly raped by Ajay Kamble (19) and his aide Sandip Kamble (21) when she was wandering on the Ghatkopar-Mankhurd link road under influence of toddy on the intervening night of January 15 and 16.

The duo abducted the woman in an autorickshaw and took her to a secluded spot where they committed the crime and fled.

At Sathenagar, she got involved in a scuffle with a scooterist after the two-wheeler allegedly brushed her, when a man and a minor boy came to her rescue.

The two accused were arrested on January 18, as many others were picked up on January 21. The minor boy was detained.