New Delhi: A major fire broke out on the first floor of a residential building in Sangam Vihar in the national capital on Thursday afternoon. Three fire tender were rushed to the spot. Till the time of filing this report, no casualties or injuries were reported. Also Read - Netizens After Another Earthquake Jolts Delhi-Gurugram: 'Apun Toh Aadha Kabar Mein Hai'
The cause of the fire is believed to be a short-circuit. However, the exact reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained. Also Read - 18 Earthquakes Hit Delhi-NCR Since April; Check Out List of Seismic Zones in India
Earlier on March 26, two minors were charred to death after a fire broke out in a furniture shop at Shaheen Bagh’s Abu Fazal Enclave in southeast Delhi. A six-year-old boy and seven-year-old girl died in the blaze, police said. Also Read - Earthquake of Magnitude 4.5 Strikes NCR, Strong Tremors Felt in Delhi; Hope You Are All Safe, Tweets Kejriwal
“It is a four-storey building. The family used to reside on the ground floor while the furniture store was functioning from the basement,” a senior police official had said.
In a similar incident, a massive fire had broken out after a cylinder blast in a building on Karawal road in Monga Nagar.
In February, 17 persons lost their lives in a massive fire that broke out at Arpit Palace Hotel in Karol Bagh. After the incident, the Delhi Fire Service had conducted a fire-audit at about 380 hotels across the central Delhi area on the order of Delhi government.
The Delhi government had directed the fire department to inspect buildings which are five floors or more and submit a report on their safety compliance within a week.