New Delhi, March 4: The Phase 1 of Manipur Assembly Elections will be held today, that is March 4 in 5 districts of the state. It can be a real hurdle to find polling stations during the election and hence, in this article we give you 5 easy steps in which you can find your polling station.
The Phase 1 of the Manipur Assembly elections will be held over 38 assembly constituencies of the state, spread over 5 districts namely Imphal East, Imphal West, Bishnupur, Churachandpur, Kangpokpi and Phezerol. 168 candidates will contest the first phase of the Manipur assembly elections. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Indian National Congress (INC) has fielded 38 candidates, while Irom Sharmila’s newly formed People’s Resurgence and Justice Alliance (PRJA) has fielded only 1 candidate in this phase.
Finding the polling stations can be a great hurdle and hence, here are 5 easy steps to find your polling station for the Manipur Assembly Elections of 2017.
HOW TO FIND POLLING STATIONS FOR MANIPUR ASSEMBLY ELECTIONS 2017:
- Visit the official website of the Chief Electoral Officer of Manipur- www.ceomanipur.nic.in
- Click on the tab named- ‘Electoral Search’, following which you will be redirected to another domain- erms.man.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Public‘ tab, where we will find a drop down menu with the option of ‘List of Polling Stations‘
- Clicking on the ‘List of Polling Stations‘ and you will find two blank spaces to fill namely ‘District‘ and ‘Assembly Constituency‘
- After choosing the necessary details from the two drop down menus of the blank spaces, you will find the list of polling booths accordingly along with Part numbers and Names
Manipur votes in two phases. The Manipur elections are scheduled on March 4 and 8. The counting of the votes will be on March 11.