New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation in his first ‘Mann ki Baat’ broadcast of this year. He began with paying tribute to the late Sidaganga Mutt Seer Shivakumar Swami and said that he had dedicated his entire life to social service. PM Modi further spoke about the Election Commission and urged young people to vote in the upcoming Lok Sabha Elections. He praised the election commission efforts in strengthening India’s democracy.
He even congratulated the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientists for the successful launch of PSLV C44, carrying India’s military satellite Microsat-R and students’ payload Kalamsat. Kalamsat is a small communication satellite developed by students and Space Kidzs India.
Here are the highlights from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s speech:
1. On the 21st of this month Shri Shri Shri Shivakumar Swamiji of District Tumukur, Karnataka passed away. Swamiji dedicated his entire life to Social Service.
2. On 26th of January, 1950, the Indian Constitution came into being. “Our country was proclaimed Republic. Yesterday, we celebrated Republic Day with pride and fervour. “It is natural for every Citizen to feel proud of EC of its meticulous organising abilities,” said PM Modi.
3. This year, Lok Sabha Elections will be held in India. “First-time young persons born in the 21st Century will exercise their Right to Vote in Lok Sabha Elections. I urge young generation to register themselves as voters if they are eligible,” said PM Modi.
4. On Jan 23, India celebrated the birth anniversary of Netaji. On this occasion, PM Modi inaugurated a museum dedicated to heroes who fought in India’s freedom struggle. The museum is dedicated to Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Indian National Army.
5. “Our country is using Space Technology in devices employed in saving assets and life. Whether it is cyclone, or rail and road safety, all of these safety measures are being augmented by Space Technology,” said PM Modi. India has created world record for launching 104 satellites simultaneously from the same spacecraft. The country will soon register India’s presence on the moon through the Chandrayaan-2 campaign.
6. Dr. Vikram Sarabhai played an important role in India’s space program. The space program has been possible due to innumerable young scientists. India takes pride in that satellites developed by the students, Sounding Rockets.
7. India is a land of saints. Saints have conveyed a message of goodwill, equality, social empowerment through their thoughts and deeds. One such Saint was- Sant Ravidas.
8. This time in Khelo India, participants from every state performed well at their individual level. Life of many medal winner is also immensely inspiring, said PM Modi.
9. PM Modi appealed to all the Sarpanchs, village heads to take lead in Shining India Contest in their respective Panchayats. And ask to share “clean beautiful toilet” photos with #MylzzatGhar.
10. The board examinations are approaching. Students, their parents, teachers, all are engaged in tasks related to exams. PM Modi wished all the students, their parents, and teachers all the best.