New Delhi, Feb 3: A massive fire broke out at Tamil Nadu’s Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple complex on Friday. Fire officials said that the blaze started at around 10 PM last night at a toy shop inside the thousand pillar hall near the east tower of the temple.
According to the reports, more than 30 shops were gutted to fire. However, no injuries or casualties have been reported so far.
Initial reports suggest that a short circuit triggered the fire. Devotees said that there were no fire extinguishers or fire safety systems inside the temple premises.
Madurai’s Collector, who immediately reached the spot, is overseeing the operation.
Further details are awaited.