Mumbai: Vinta Nanda, who accused Alok Nath of raping her 19 years ago, on Monday said that she will fight the actor to take the case to a logical end. Hitting back at the actor after he filed a defamation suit against her over the rape and harassment charges, the Tara producer said that she will file her own case against him.
“I am on the side of the truth. I have no issues. I will fight it to the end because now that I have got into it, I have to take it to its logical end,” Vinta Nanda told NDTV. She further added that the #MeToo movement has given her enough courage and “once your courage comes back to you, there is no way you can fall back into fear again.”
Alok Nath Monday filed a defamation suit in a court here against Nanda in connection with her rape accusations against him and sought Re 1 as damages for allegedly defaming him. Meanwhile, Alok Nath’s wife Ashu recorded her statement before a magistrate in connection with her complaint against Nanda and sought that defamation proceedings be initiated against the writer-director.
In a social media post last week, Nanda had alleged that the actor had violated her “endlessly” 19 years ago when she was returning from a party. “I can remember more liquor being poured into my mouth and I remember being violated endlessly. When I woke up the next afternoon, I was in pain. I hadn’t just been raped, I was taken to my own house and had been brutalised,” she said.
Responding to the rape allegations, Alok Nath had earlier said that he neither denies nor accepts the charges leveled against him by the Tara producer and added that it (the rape) “might have happened but someone else would have done it”.
“Neither I am denying this nor do I would agree with it. It (rape) must have happened, but someone else would have done it. Well, I do not want to talk much about it as for the matter if it has come out, it will be stretched,” he had said. To which, Nanda said that he hadn’t “denied or accepted” the charges when she first wrote about the incident years ago.