New Delhi, July 11: A 14-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped twice in a span of 24 hours in Madhya Pradesh’s Chhindwara, police said. The police have arrested a total of five people in connection with the case. The girl had left her home at around 6 PM on July 6 but when she didn’t return, her parents filed a missing complaint in the Kundipura Police Station. The girl was found a day later in Mahua Tola area, wandering in a disoriented state. Also Read - MP Govt Aircraft Carrying Remdesivir Drug Crash-Lands At Gwalior Airport, Pilot Co-pilot Suffer Injury

The girl, in her complaint, said that she was persuaded by one Mohit Bharadwaj to go with him on his bike to the house of 24-year-old Rahul Bhonde where both of them gangraped her. The two accused let her go the next day. Also Read - Madhya Pradesh Extends Corona Curfew Till May 7, Exempts Essential Services | Details Here  

When she was walking back home in a disoriented state, three men, known to Bhonde, took her back to the house and gangraped her. The other three accused have been identified as 23-year-old Bunty Bhalavi, 25-year-old Ankit Raghuvanshi and 21-year-old Amit Vishwakarma. Also Read - BJP Prepares 1000 Bed Free Covid Facility in Bhopal, Gayatri Mantra & Ramayan To Be Broadcast For Fighting Stress

All the accused arrested in the case have been charged under IPC sections 376 (D) (gang-rape), 506 (criminal intimidation), 363 (kidnapping), 342 (wrongful confinement) and also under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act.

The Chhindwara gangrape has come days after an 8-year-old girl was abducted from her school in Hafiz Colony and allegedly gang-raped by two men in Mandsaur.

The family of the eight-year-old, who was allegedly gang-raped in Mandsaur in Madhya Pradesh, on Saturday alleged that the school had dissuaded them from approaching the police when the minor didn’t return home even after the closing time of 5 PM.

Blaming the school for negligence, the family asked how could the school let her go with some strangers who later gang-raped her. “The school did not want us to approach the police either to lodge a missing person’s complaint immediately, to ensure it does not get a bad name,” the victim’s grandmother said.