New Delhi: In wake of ‘janata curfew’ on Sunday, the Central Railway has cancelled the mega block schedule on the Main and Harbour line. Besides, the Central Railway has also announced that it will run approximately 60% suburban services on March 22. Also Read - Mumbai Mega Block Latest News Today: Local Train Services on Harbour Line to be Hit Till 4 PM - Details Here

“There will be no mega block tomorrow. Central Railway will run approximately 60% suburban services on March 22”, Chief Public Relations Officer (CPRO), Central Railway said on Saturday.



In his address to the nation on Thursday night, Modi had called for ‘resolve and restraint’ to fight coronavirus and asked the entire country to observe ‘Janta curfew’ on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Maharashtra continued to remain the worst-hit as the number of positive coronavirus patients jumped to 63 on Saturday.



Talking to reporters, Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said,”The spread has been largely because of people who came from outside. I appeal to the people not to venture out. They should exercise self discipline by maintaining social distancing and hygiene.”

If there is no reduction in crowd in public transport, a shutdown will have to be put in place. There is also an option of allowing people in public transport after checking their I-cards,” he said.

The total number of COVID-19 cases in India has now climbed up to 271, including 32 foreigners, the Union Health Ministry said earlier in the day. As many as 23 people have been cured of the infection in India.The disease has claimed over 10,000 lives globally.