Amid the ongoing national outrage over the alleged rapes of 34 minor girls at a shelter home in Muzaffarpur, another ghastly incident comes to light from the state’s capital city of Patna. Also Read - Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case Roundup July 31, Friday: All That Took Place in Bihar And Mumbai

According to a News18 report, two girls from a state-run shelter home were brought to the Patna Medical College on Saturday. Also Read - Rhea Chakraborty Case Breaking Update: Supreme Court Hearing on August 5, Read on

Notably, hours ago, the Patna Police had raided the Aasra shelter home in the Nepali Nagar locality and arrested a 50-year-old man for allegedly asking the inmates of a state-run home here to escape, promising them gifts. Also Read - Rhea Chakraborty's Official Statement on FIR Filed by Sushant Singh Rajput's Father in Patna: Satyamev Jayate

The report cited sources saying that the management of the shelter home concealed the deaths from the police.

The doctors at the PMHC told News18 that the bodies were brought to them on Saturday evening and the post-mortem was completed by night. subsequently, a team of Patna Police reached the shelter home to probe the matter on Sunday morning.

The police had received complaints from the inmates of the Aasra shelter home in the Nepali Nagar locality here that Ram Nagina Singh alias Banarasi, who lived nearby, was trying to persuade them to flee, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Law and Order), Patna, Manoj Kumar Sudhanshu said.

“We visited the shelter home and questioned the inmates and others. We also interrogated Banarasi. He was arrested and sent to jail. Security has been tightened around the shelter home,” Sudhanshu told PTI.

Asked about Banarasi’s motive, he said the matter was still under investigation.

“It appeared that he had, indeed, asked some of the girls to run away and promised them gifts,” Sudhanshu said.

Over 30 girls were allegedly raped over a period of time at a state-funded shelter home in Muzaffarpur by the chief of the NGO that used to run the facility, which has since been closed.