Uttar Pradesh, February 16: As part of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s final campaigning plans ahead of the third phase of Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed a massive rally in Hardoi. While addressing the rally, the Prime Minister highlighted the weightage that the BJP is placing towards development in the state.Also Read - Kerala Rains: House Collapses Into Gushing Water in Mundakayam | Watch Video
Slamming the Opposition for not allowing the state to progress, Modi focused on the miserable state of law and order in Uttar Pradesh. With a focus on the levels of corruption in the state, Narendra Modi said that even the state police force was completely subservient to the ruling Samajwadi Party. Also Read - World's Largest Political Party...: Uddhav Thackeray Takes Dig at Former Ally
Here are the key highlights from Narendra Modi’s speech:
- Focusing on the issue of backwardness in Uttar Pradesh, the Prime Minister said that the country would not be able to develop unless Uttar Pradesh and Bihar progressed. He said, “If poverty is eradicated from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, then it would be equivalent to poverty being eradicated from all of Hindustan. Would it be okay if the country progressed and Uttar Pradesh was left behind.”
- Corruption in government offices seems to be another key issue that the BJP is seen broaching. The Prime Minister said that even police stations in Uttar Pradesh were under the control of the Samajwadi Party.
- Taunting the Samajwadi Party’s slogan “Kam bolta hai” the Prime Minister said that Uttar Pradesh has the most number of murders in any state. He rhetorically asked whether it is ‘Karnama’ (bad deeds) speaking to the population instead of ‘Kam’ (work).
- Continuing with on the issue of lawlessnesses in the state, the Prime Minister said, “Situation in Uttar Pradesh is due to the failure of state government is such that we need to work to overcome this. UP alone registers 50% cases related to Arms act. If unregistered cases are included no other state will even be at 100th position.”
- Promising to work towards the welfare of farmers, Narendra Modi guaranteed that in the very first cabinet meeting after the formation of a BJP government in the state, all farmers’ loans would be forgiven. He added, ” In Uttar Pradesh, only 14 percent farmers get the benefits of Bhima Yojana. 98 percent of the money is given from Delhi. Akhilesh Ji does not think of this work as ‘work’.”
The districts of Farrukhabad, Hardoi, Kannauj, Mainpuri, Etawah, Auraiya, Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur, Unnao, Lucknow, Barabanki and Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh will go to polls in the third phase of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections. A total of 826 candidates will be contesting the polls and their fates will be decided by 2.41 crore voters. The results for the same will be announced on March 11, 2017. Also Read - PM Modi Launches 7 New State-Run Defence Companies, Says They Will Become a Global Brand