Wellington: A Hyderabad-native, critically injured in New Zealand mosque shooting in which 49 people lost their lives and several others were left injured on Friday, is battling for his life at a hospital. His family has reportedly appealed Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led central government and the Telangana government to expedite the visa process.Also Read - New Zealand Mosque Shooting: Mahmudullah Reacts After Bangladesh Cricket Team Return Home From Christchurch | SEE POST

Identified as Ahmed Iqbal Jahangir, the India-native is among many victims of the mass shooting at the two mosques in Christchurch. New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern had condemned the incident calling it as ‘one of darkest days for New Zealand’ and an ‘unprecedented violent crime’. Also Read - New Zealand Mosque Shooting: PM Jacinda Ardern Received Gunman's 'Manifesto' Nine Minutes Before Attack

Jahangir runs a restaurant in Christchurch and has been living in New Zealand for past 12 years. He has a wife and two children, aged 3 and 5 years. His brother Mohammed Khursheed has appealed to the Central and Telangana government to speed up the visa process so that he can travel to him and be with him during the treatment. Also Read - New Zealand Mosque Shooting: Five Indians Among 50 Killed in Christchurch 'Terror Attack'; Full List

Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi on Khursheed’s appeal reached out to the Ministry of External Affairs and EAM Sushma Swaraj to extend all possible help to the family. “A video from #ChristChurch shows one Ahmed Jehangir who was shot. His brother Iqbal Jehangir is a resident of Hyderabad & would like to go to NZ for Ahmed’s family,” he tweeted.

Jahangir visited the mosque on Friday with two of his friends. While, he is battling life at the hospital, his two friends were killed in the deadly attack.

On Saturday, a right-wing extremist Brenton Tarrant who filmed himself rampaging through two mosques in New Zealand’s Christchurch killing 49 worshippers appeared in court on a murder charge. As per reports, he had started planning for the Christchurch attack at least three months ago. Dressed in white prison shirt, the handcuffed Australia-born sat impassively as the judge read a single murder charge against him. The 28-year-old did not request bail and was taken into custody. Next hearing in connection with the case is scheduled for April 5.