Kolkata, Jun 12: Asserting that their alliance with Congress will continue, the CPI-M today said there are no reasons for the Left Front to break down owing to the tie-up. “There are no reasons and circumstances for the Left Front to break. It will remain intact and there is no question of any misunderstanding. All have to do their bit,” CPI-M state secretary Surjyakanta Mishra said after a two-day-long party state committee meeting. He also made it clear that their alliance with Congress will continue. “We will work with all Left parties outside of the Left Front and also work together with democratic secular parties,” Mishra said. Also Read - Give Concrete Solutions, Not Plain Speeches: Congress Slams PM Modi Over His Address to Nation

Earlier in the day, Congress had also made it clear that it will continue its alliance with the Left Front in West Bengal. Last Friday, several Left Front constituents had criticised the leadership of its major partner CPI-M for “compromising” Left unity, alleging that it had forged an “opportunist political alliance” with Congress in the state. Mishra also made allegations of malpractices in the state assembly polls saying, “We cannot say that this election was free and fair. In every district there were some places where voters were prevented from casting their votes freely. It was done in an organised and pre-meditated manner”.(Also Read: ‘Congress will continue its alliance with the left in Bengal’) Also Read - 'Unfortunate', Rahul Gandhi Disapproves of Kamal Nath's 'Item' Remark Against BJP Candidate

Around 5 per cent of the complaints made to the Election Commission are yet to be disposed, he claimed, adding that they don’t know the outcome of the remaining 95 per cent. The CPI-M leader also claimed that their vote percentage has increased in 169 seats. After a review of election performance of the alliance, he said they need a detailed and in-depth review at the booth level. “We discussed organisational weakness. In some constituencies we could not reach out to the people,” Mishra said, adding that in places where their organisational strength was good they did well. During the course of elections, 1924 party workers were injured in political clashes and 9028 were thrown out of their houses, he alleged. Also Read - 'I Apologise... Just Forgot the Name': Kamal Nath Explains 'Item' Jibe After Controversy, EC Takes Note