Noida, Feb 28: A 21-year-old woman was allegedly burnt alive on Monday after her husband placed her body on the funeral pyre. The woman, whose identities are yet to be revealed was declared dead on Sunday by Sharada Hospital of Greater Noida. However, a team of doctors on Tuesday concluded that the woman died because of the ‘shock caused by being burnt alive’ on Monday. Uttar Pradesh police are now investigating whether the woman died due to being burnt alive or whether she was actually dead as per declared by Sharada Hospital.Also Read - Food Joint Owner Shot Dead At Pari Chowk's Omaxe Arcade For Refusing To Serve Parathas in Night Curfew
Sharada Hospital on Sunday around 11:45 pm issued the death certificate of the woman stating that she died of lung infection after which her husband brought the body to Aligarh district in a car along with his friends and eight hours after receiving the death certificate, the body was placed on the pyre. Also Read - Noida Saw More Deaths Due to Road Accidents Than Coronavirus During 2020-21: Report
The woman’s brother however found the death suspicious after which he called the Aligarh police. The police reached at the cremation ground and stopped the final rites but by then, 70 percent of her body was burnt. The police sent the body for postmortem examination after which the report stated that the reason of her death was ‘shock caused by being burnt alive’. Also Read - IRCTC Latest News: Railways to Operate Unreserved Special Trains on These Routes From Dec 5 | Full Schedule Here
Speaking to Hindustan Times, Rajesh Pandey, senior superintendent of Aligarh police stated that, “The cause of death is shock due to being burnt alive.”
A official further added that charred particles was found inside her lungs and windpipe which is an evidence of her being burnt alive. “This happens when someone is burnt alive. The particles go inside with the breath. If a person is dead, such particles cannot reach the lungs and the windpipe. So, the doctors concluded that the woman was burnt alive on the pyre,” the official said.
However, Sharada Hospital remained firm on its stand and the spokesperson of Sharda University stated that, “The patient was brought in extremely critical condition and our doctors tried their best to save her. We stick to our stand that the patient had died due to lung infection on Sunday night”.
After the release of the postmortem report, the woman’s uncle filed a FIR against the husband and 10 other family members for raping and killing his niece. However, the accused have not yet been arrested and the police are still looking for more suspects.