New Delhi: India recorded 2003 deaths and 10,974 new #COVID19 cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total tally to 3,54,065. Also Read - Norms For Varanasi Temples During 'Saawan': Masks Compulsory, Crowding Will Lead to Temples Being Shut
Here are the top 10 updates Also Read - Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah New Episodes Update: Asit Modi Says 'We Are Not in a Race to Resume Shooting'
1. PM Modi will chair the second meeting with the CMs today. Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra — the most affected states — will attend the meeting today Also Read - Over 19,000 Fresh Cases Recorded in Last 24 Hours, Total Tally Crosses 6 Lakh-Mark | Top Developments
2. The death toll from COVID-19 in the national capital surged to 1,837 on Tuesday while 1,859 fresh coronavirus cases took the tally in the city to over 44,000-mark, according to the health bulletin released by the Delhi government.
3. Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain was on Tuesday admitted to a hospital here after running a high-grade fever. He tested negative for COVID-19 on Tuesday, but he still has fever and symptoms and will be tested again for it on Wednesday.
4. The Delhi government authorities on Tuesday issued an order asking luxury Taj Mansingh Hotel to have its rooms and premises be placed at the disposal of a private hospital here with immediate effect, for using it as an extended COVID-19 facility.
5. Beijing airport has cancelled 1,255 flights over fears of coronavirus