New Delhi: India has recorded 418 deaths and the highest single-day spike of 16,922 new COVID-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours. Positive cases in India stand at 4,73,105 including 1,86,514 active cases, 2,71,697 cured/discharged/migrated & 14,894 deaths. Also Read - German Court Lifts COVID-19 Lockdown Near Meat Plant
Here are the top developments: Also Read - Odisha Lockdown Extension News: Complete Shutdown For 5 Days in Ganjam District From July 9
1. Delhi, which already is the second worst-hit state in terms of coronavirus caseload and fatalities, overtook Mumbai after the number of cases soared by 3,788 to touch 70,390. Also Read - COVID-19: Sourav Ganguly Fan Club to Distribute Masks, Feed Poor on His Birthday
2. Of the over 4.4 lakh COVID-19 cases reported in the country till Tuesday, only 15.34 per cent required ICU care, 15.89 per cent needed oxygen support and 4.16 per cent were put on ventilators, according to health ministry sources.
3. West Bengal has extended lockdown until July 31 in the containment zones.
4. Madhya Pradesh has announced a campaign named Kill Corona from July 1, under which members of every household in the state will be surveyed for coronavirus-like symptoms.
5. Inter-district public transport bus services are being withdrawn for six days in Tamil Nadu from Thursday and e-pass made mandatory for travel outside a district, the government announced, reintroducing the curbs amid the continuing surge in COVID-19 cases.