New Delhi: More than 80 per cent of Haryana’s sitting MLAs are crorepatis and the average of assets per member of the state legislative assembly was Rs 12.97 crore, stated an analytical report by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR). Also Read - 29% Candidates in These Elections Are Crorepatis, 19% Have Criminal Cases Against Them: Report
Further, out of the total 90 sitting MLAs in Haryana, as many as 75 MLAs possessed assets worth over a crore rupees, added the ADR report. Also Read - West Bengal: 16 Crorepatis in Fray in Sixth Phase of Lok Sabha Polls
Here is a party-wise list of average asset value as per the ADR report: Also Read - Kanyakumari Will See Battle of Crorepatis in Ensuing Lok Sabha Polls Slated For April 18 in Tamil Nadu
1) Average asset value of 48 Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLAs – Rs 10.34 crore
2) Average asset value of 8 Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) MLAs – Rs 13.63 crore
3) Average asset value of 15 Congress MLAs – Rs 12.43 crore
4) Average asset value of two Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) MLAs – Rs 80.12 crore
5) Average asset value of five Independent MLAs – Rs 13.93 crore
Notably, the ADR report pointed out that of the total 90 MLAs, ten Haryana MLAs have criminal cases pending against them of which six are serious criminal cases. This ADR analysis has been prepared on the basis of affidavits filed by the MLAs themselves during the 2014 elections.
Here is a party-wise list showing the number of MLAs who have declared criminal cases against them, as per the ADR Report:
1) Five out of the 48 MLAs from BJP: 10 per cent
2) Two out of 18 MLAs from INLD: 11 per cent
3) One MLA from INC
4) One MLA from Haryana Janhit Congress
5) One Independent member
Notably, four per cent of the sitting BJP MLAs in Haryana and one MLA each from INC, INLD and Haryana Janhit Congress (BL) parties along with an Independent member have declared serious criminal cases against themselves, stated the ADR report.