New Delhi: Soon after two confirmed cases of coronavirus were reported from the national capital and Telangana, Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan on Monday addressed a press conference and stated that the patients’ travel history is from Italy and Dubai. He further added that the total positive cases in India till now is 5. Also Read - Two New Cases of Coronavirus Confirmed in Delhi And Telangana, Says Centre
“Two positive cases of coronavirus in Delhi and Telangana. Their travel history is from Italy and Dubai; total positive cases in India till now is 5,” Dr Vardhan said. Also Read - Coronavirus Outbreak: 85 Indian Students Send SOS From Italy, Seek Early Evacuation
In the wake of the coronavirus outbreak, the Health Minister stated that the screening of passengers is being conducted at 21 airports, 12 major seaports, and 65 minor seaports. “Over 5, 57,431 passengers have been screened so far at airports and 12,431 passengers have been screened on minor and major seaports,” he added.
He also stated that under the travel advisory, the existing visas including e-visas will remain suspended for China and Iran. “As the situation develops, the travel restrictions may be further extended to other countries also,” he added.
The statement from the Union Health Minister comes after the Centre earlier in the day confirmed that two more positive cases of the coronavirus have been reported — one in Delhi and another in Telangana.
The Health Ministry said that the infected person from Delhi had travelled to Italy and is being undergoing treatment at RML hospital.
“The other person with the coronavirus infection has a travel history to Dubai,” the ministry said, adding, “Both the patients are stable and being closely monitored.” Italy is right now reeling under the swelling cases of the coronavirus infection.
As per the update, the global deaths due to the deadly coronavirus outbreak has gone above 3000 with the new count in China mainland rising to 2,912.
According to the National Health Commission in China, the latest deaths were all in the worst-hit province of Hubei with most of those in its sealed-off capital of Wuhan after 202 additional infections were reported, along with 42 new death cases.
On the other hand, Iran has announced 11 more deaths from coronavirus bringing its death toll to 54, the most outside China.
Besides, the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also informed that four people passed away overnight on Sunday while 476 new cases of the virus were confirmed.