Varanasi: Post BJP-led NDA’s landslide in Lok Sabha Elections 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited his parliamentary constituency Varanasi on Monday. Banners had been put at various places in the city featuring photographs of the Prime Minister. Preparations were in full swing ahead of his visit.
The visit to Varanasi, to address the BJP workers, comes three days before Narendra Modi takes oath as the new Prime Minister for a second consecutive term. Notably, the Prime Minister visited the famous Kashi Vishwanath temple at around 10 AM. The chief priest of Kashi Vishwanath temple, Acharya Ashok Dwivedi performed puja with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Dwivedi reportedly said, “Baba Shiv and Maa Ganga have accepted him. Prime Minister has blessings of Baba with him. Our Prime Minister is the most respected leader.”
After the ”darshan” and ”puja” at Kashi Vishwanath temple, the Prime Minister is scheduled to address the BJP workers at Deendayal Hastkala Sankul. The Prime Minister will conduct a five-kilometre-long roadshow in the constituency to celebrate his massive victory in the Lok Sabha elections.
Catch all the LIVE updates here:
- The Prime Minister also stated that an environment of political untouchability is created as soon as one takes the name of BJP. He added, “in many regions of the country, our workers have been killed for holding different political ideology.”
- “Transparency, Hard work can defeat effort of creating wrong perception,” said the Prime Minister.
- Commenting on the works done by the government, the Prime Minister said, “Government works on Policy, Organisation makes strategy.” He added, “It is the job of the Government to act and, therefore, the work of the Government on the one hand and when the worker is added, the ‘ work + activist ‘ is a force that does charisma.”
- PM Narendra Modi in Varanasi made notable mention of his supporters. He said, “The supporters in Kashi didn’t weigh the elections on the scales of win-loss. They considered this a festival of ‘Lok shiksha’, ‘Lok sampark’, ‘Lok sangrah’, ‘Lok samarpan’.”
- “Party workers’ satisfaction is my goal,” said the Prime Minister.
- “After the campaign, I used to think of coming here but I used to recall your orders. Maine socha ye nahi to koi aur baba. Rarely is a candidate so relaxed, as I was, during elections & the results. Your hardwork was the reason for it. I was relaxed so I went to Kedarnath,” added the Prime Minister.
- Addressing the BJP workers, Modi said, “I had spoken to workers of Varanasi. All of you had ordered me that I can’t set foot in Varanasi for a month. The nation might elected me as the PM but four you, I am a worker. For me, your order was the priority.”
- Prime Minister interacts with BJP’s Karyakartas in Kashi.
- Addressing a public meeting in Varanasi, party chief Amit Shah said, “There must rarely be a campaign where the candidate didn’t come to his constituency after filing nomination until voting, trusting his voters. People saw Varanasi’s BJP workers asked him(PM)not to come. Modi ji trusted you, people of Varanasi & that trust was rightly placed.”
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath greets Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP National President Amit Shah after they landed in Varanasi.
- The Prime Minister reaches the handicraft centre to interact with BJP workers.
- After offering prayers, the Prime Minister exited the temple amid tight security. A huge crowd was gathered at the opposite sides of the road as the Prime Minister’s convoy started moving.
- An LED screen has been installed at the entrance of the temple. It shows live stream visuals of the Prime Minister offering prayers inside the temple.
- A local businessman at the city reportedly said that the whole of Varanasi is eager to see the Prime Minister and thank him for the development work he carried out in the city as well as for the nation.
- As the Prime Minister’s convoy moves through the streets of Varanasi, the crowd chants ‘Modi Modi’.
- After waving hands at the public, PM Modi is currently part of the 6 km long roadshow. The roadshow will conclude at Kashi Vishwanath temple.
- The Prime Minister is now attending the roadshow. He has left the police lines.
- PM Modi will offer prayers at the Kashi Vishwanath temple later in the day.
- “This is our fortune that Prime Minister will perform puja with all rituals like he did in 2014 Lok Sabha and state elections. He is the biggest devotee of Vishwanath baba. Even before the rituals start, he devotes himself to god, you can see tears of devotion in his eyes”, news agency ANI quoted chief priest of Kashi Vishwanath temple, Acharya Ashok Dwivedi as saying.
- Ahead of the Prime Minister’s visit, a local reportedly said, “We are keenly waiting for Prime Minister Modi to visit Varanasi. It is heartening to see that he will be our Prime Minister again.”
PM Modi defeated his Samajwadi Party (SP) rival Shalini Yadav by a margin of over 4.80 lakh votes in the Lok Sabha elections from Varanasi. The BJP, which had won 282 seats in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, managed to increase its tally and notched up 303 seats in the 2019 elections.