Top Recommended Stories
PM Modi Launches India’s Vaccination Drive, Gets Emotional as he Thanks Frontline Workers | Top Quotes From His Address to Nation
Modi also got teary-eyed while talking about the hardships faced by healthcare and frontline workers during the pandemic which has killed over 1,00,000 people and infected over 1 crore people.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday kicked off the much-awaited Coronavirus vaccine drive in the country. As he launched the pan-India rollout of COVID-19 vaccination drive through video conference, PM Modi said that Indian vaccines are the cheapest and best in the world. Moreover, he warned people against any laxity shown in wearing masks and maintaining social distancing. Modi also got teary-eyed while talking about the hardships faced by healthcare and frontline workers during the pandemic which has killed over 1,00,000 people and infected over 1 crore in the country.
In the first phase, the Centre plans to vaccinate nearly 30 crore people in the first phase of the drive. Priority will be given to the healthcare and frontline workers who are estimated to be around three crores, followed by those above 50 years of age and the under-50 population with comorbidities numbering around 27 crores.
Here are top quotes from Modi’s address:
1) “Such a vaccination drive at such a massive scale was never conducted in history. There are over 100 countries having less than 3 crore population & India is administering vaccination to 3 crore people in first phase only. In second phase, we’ve to take this number to 30 crores,” Modi said.
2) “This disease kept people away from their families. The mothers cried for their children & had to stay away. People could not meet their elderly admitted at hospitals. We could not bid adieu to those with proper rituals who died due to corona,” PM Modi said.
3) India is among the few countries which despite hardships, provided medicines & medical help to over 150 countries around the world. Whether it is paracetamol, hydroxychloroquine, or testing equipment, India has made every possible effort to save people of other countries: PM Modi
4) Today, when we’ve developed our own vaccine, the world is looking at India with hope. As our vaccination drive will move forward, other countries of world will benefit from it. India’s vaccine & our production capability must be used for human interest, this is our commitment: PM
— ANI (@ANI) January 16, 2021
5) Start of vaccination does not mean people should stop following the Covid protocols of wearing masks and maintaining social distancing. We must take another vow – Dawai bhi, Kadaai bhi: PM Modi during the launch of nationwide Covid-19 vaccination drive: PM Modi
6) In the fight against Corona, we’ve set an example for the world at many steps. When countries left their citizens, stuck in China amidst this pandemic, on their own, India stepped up & evacuated not only Indians but also people of other nations under Vande Bharat mission: PM Modi
7) I want to remind people of the country that two doses of the Corona vaccine are very important. Experts have said that there should be a gap of one month between both vaccinations: PM Narendra Modi
8) Normally, it takes many years to make a vaccine but in such a short span of time, not one, but two ‘Made in India’ vaccines are ready. Meanwhile, the work on other vaccines is progressing at a fast pace: PM Narendra Modi
9) In the fight against Corona, we’ve set an example for the world at many steps. When countries left their citizens, stuck in China amidst this pandemic, on their own, India stepped up & evacuated not only Indians but also people of other nations under Vande Bharat mission: PM Modi