New Delhi: In a free-wheeling chat with Bollywood star Akshay Kumar that was aired on leading news channels, Prime Minister Narendra Modi poured his heart out, revealing how he loves eating mangoes, spending time with mother and some childhood stories.
Here are top quotes of PM Modi’s ‘non-political’ Interview
– “I had left home at early stage and freed myself from Moh and Maya. In whatever time I have, I call my mother here and spend time with her, however, my mother says why am I wasting time on her, I should go and serve people,” PM Modi said. (Mamata Didi Gifts me Personally Selected Kurtas, Sweets: PM Narendra Modi on Relation With Opposition)
– On his sleep pattern, PM Modi said former US president Barack Obama had personally requested him to sleep more than what he gets right now. He revealed that he gets 3 to 4 hours of sleep everyday and doctors and friends always suggest to get more sleep.
– Prime Minister has a firm belief on Ayurveda system of cure. He revealed how he gets rid of cold and cough within 24 to 48 hours with Ayurvedic treatment. Taking tea at 5 am and 6 pm under the open sky is his habit, PM revealed.
– Over his style-statement, the PM revealed that reason why he mostly wears half-sleeved kurtas is his realisation that those take less space in the bag. “I shifted from full-sleeve kurtas to half-sleeves ones as they take less space in the bag whenever I travel. Furthermore, I do my own laundry,” he said.
– In a lighter vein, PM Modi told Akshay Kumar that whenever “I see your wife Twinkle Khanna’s tweets, it makes me think that your marital life must be a peaceful one as she vents out all her anger against me in her posts”.
– On a question about his mother, PM Modi revealed that his mother always gives one rupee and 25 paise when he meets her.
– One should always play group games where more than individual contribution matters. On movies, he said he doesn’t watch movies, but as a child, he used to enjoy watching movies in village theatre for free. I watched A Wednesday on personal request of Anupam Kher. I also saw Paa when Amitabh Bachchan had requested him to watch the movie when he was the Gujarat Chief Minister.
– The PM also revealed that he has always faced difficulty in reading out a speech so he preferred to speak extempore.