New Delhi, Feb 7: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday spoke in Lok Sabha as the opposition continued with ‘jhutha bhashan bandh karo’ and ‘jhuthe ashwasan bandh karo’ sloganeering and boycotted the afternoon proceedings. Attacking the Congress, PM Modi said that today, every Indian is paying the price of the poison infested by the party. “Partition was a result of Congress’ wrong policies. Not a single day has passed when the country has not suffered due to poison sowed by you,” PM Modi said. Also Read - PM Modi to Review COVID Situation With CMs of 8 States Today: Here's What To Expect
“How did the Congress act in Kerala, how did they treat the Akali Dal in Punjab, how did they behave in Tamil Nadu? Why did Congress dismiss so many state governments at their will? This is no commitment to democracy,” he continued. On Congress attacking the Centre’s implementation of Aadhaar Card, the prime minister said that when the BJP took office in 2014, the chorus from the party was “Modi will scrap Aadhaar but when we made it more effective, it began opposing it.” (Also Read: PM Modi Quotes Urdu Poet Bashir Badr in Lok Sabha, Takes on Mallikarjun Kharge) Also Read - Economic Reforms Will Continue, More Ahead, Says Sitharaman
“When the corrupt and middlemen are out of work, the Congress will obviously be unhappy,” he added. As the opposition continued sloganeering, Modi said, “I wish the opposition had the courage to listen silently.”
NARENDRA MODI’S TOP QUOTES IN LOK SABHA
1. When we talk about creating new states, we remember the manner former PM Atal Bihari Bajpayee created Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh. The process was smooth. We are also in favour of Telangana. But the issues the Andhra Pradesh people are facing are the results of hurried-bifurcation of Congress party while keeping polls in mind.
2. The Congress party divided the nation for selfish gains and electoral reasons. 125 crore Indian suffer even today because of your (Congress’) selfish gains. For decades, one party (Congress) devoted all of its energy for the personal gains of one family. The interest of the nation was overlooked for one family. (Also Read: Slogan ‘Congress Mukt Bharat’ never aimed at one party: PM Modi)
3. Had the Congress worked properly in the country, our nations would have been better. The opposition talks about democracy but under the government of Manmohan Singh, your own party leader had said that just like “Aurengzeb came in place of Shah Jahan, Shah Jahan in place of Jahangir, similarly, we have also come forward.”
4. This has how it has been in India…for more than 2,500 years, Indian people believed in a “democratic way of life, where people from everywhere have come, settled and lived peacefully”. We have believed in listening to all sides and what the people have to say.
5. How did the Congress act in Kerala, how did they treat the Akali Dal in Punjab, how did they behave in Tamil Nadu? Why did Congress dismiss so many state governments at their will? This is no commitment to democracy.
6. You (Congress) talk of democracy but it was your party that tore up the paper in front of the media, it was your party which didn’t let youngsters speak up and now you preach us on democracy? India didn’t get democracy from Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Your PM Rajiv Gandhi insulted Congress’ own Dalit CM T Anjaiah at the Hyderabad Airport. We cannot forget how Congress insulted Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy.
7. Had Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel been the first Prime Minister of India, a part of Jammu and Kashmir wouldn’t have been with Pakistan.
8. A government that talked about 21st century could not bring an aviation policy. Then what kind of a 21st century did they talk about, the one with bullock carts? The middle class is being misled. We (BJP) are working towards ease of life for them. The NDA has changed the work culture in India.
9. Mallikarjun Kharge spoke about Karnataka and railways. Let me tell you the truth about the Bidar-Kalburgi rail line. The project was approved by Atal ji but nothing was done on it from 2003 to 2014. The progress started when BS Yeddyurappa gave approvals for the work.
10. We have created a new India. let us work together to work towards completing the dreams of the people.