Mumbai, May 4: Actor Prakash Raj, who is a fierce critic of Narendra Modi, said that Bollywood has stopped offering any role since he started speaking out against the Prime Minister. Prakash Raj made his first attack on PM Modi in October last year after the murder of journalist Gauri Lankesh.

“There is no problem (with the film industry) in the south, but there has been no offer from the Hindi film industry since I started speaking out,” the National Award-winning actor told a news portal. Prakash Raj, however, says he’s not worried because he has “enough” (money).

Gauri Lankesh was shot dead outside her house in Bengaluru by unidentified assailants in September last year. Raj, a long-time friend of Lankesh, said that her death had left him disturbed. The 53-year-old actor also accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of attempting to silence him.

“Gauri’s death disturbed me a lot… She was asking questions. When she was silenced, I felt guilty. Did we leave her alone in her fight? The more I question, the more attempts to silence me, be it (by) character assassination, threat or (by) trying to stop my work… it’s the BJP,” Raj was quoted as saying.

The actor questioned BJP president Amit Shah’s credentials as a leader and slammed PM Modi for not fulfilling promises. “…Three and a half years, nothing has been done. They (BJP leaders) are talking about the past… ‘What did Nehru do? What did Tipu Sultan do? What did our Sanatan Dharma say?’ I cannot recognise my great grandfather two generations back, what do I do with Tipu Sultan?” he asked.