By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts Cookies Policy.
Show of Strength: Droupadi Murmu Files Her Nomination For Presidential Election In Presence of PM Modi, Cabinet Ministers
The presidential election is scheduled for July 18 and the votes will be counted on July 21. The last date for filing nominations is June 29. Stay tuned to India.com for all the updates on Presidential Election 2022.
New Delhi: Droupadi Murmu, the presidential candidate of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led NDA, on Friday filed nomination for the presidential election 2022 on June 24. Murmu, a former Governor of Jharkhand and a former Odisha minister, was declared NDA’s presidential candidate on Tuesday. Stay tuned to India.com for all the updates on Presidential Election 2022.
Presidential Election 2022: Here’s What We Know so Far
- BJP has invited all of its allies to join in the nomination ceremony including the chief ministers of NDA-ruled states.
- Besides, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik made an appeal to all MLAs of Odisha to support Murmu’s candidature. He openly came out and endorsed the candidature of Murmu, who hails from Odisha.
- After the announcement, the 64-year-old leader said she was surprised to learn about her candidature and was unable to believe it and noted that she will work according to the powers of the President enshrined in the constitution.
- The presidential election is scheduled for July 18 and the votes will be counted on July 21. The last date for filing nominations is June 29. The president is elected by the members of the electoral college consisting of MPs from both Houses of Parliament and MLAs of all states, including the Union Territories of Delhi and Puducherry.
- Congress leader Jairam Ramesh announced that former Union minister Yashwant Sinha will be the common candidate of the Opposition parties for the Presidential election.
For breaking news and live news updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram. Read more on Latest India News on India.com.