New Delhi: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday blamed Pakistan for the continuous terror incidents in the state of Jammu and Kashmir and said that the number has come down in comparison to the past. Accusing Pakistan of it, the Union Minister said that the country has continuously been “promoting terrorism and sending terrorists in India”. Also Read - Prominent Leaders Take First COVID Jab on 2nd Day, Govt Allows Private Hospitals to Give Vaccines | Key Points
“Problems in Jammu and Kashmir are majorly due to Pakistan. As it has been isolated internationally, I hope it will change its way at some point. Even Islamic countries have spoken against it,” Singh said at the 16th Hindustan Times Leadership Summit. He said, “The situation has changed in the state as terror incidents have decreased to 370 or 360 cases that were approximately 6,000 in 1995.” Also Read - Ladakh Standoff: India's Objective Was to Effect Disengagement & Maintain Peace Along LAC, Says Rajnath Singh
He further added that the previous and the BJP government has tried to improve its relations with Pakistan but “there is some compulsion with the neighbouring country which has been unsuccessful in doing anything over the issue” despite condemnation by the international community. Also Read - Ladakh Row: India, China Begin Disengagement of Troops From Pangong Lake, Says Rajnath in Rajya Sabha
Stressing that terrorism should not be related to religion and caste, he praised India’s Muslim community for not allowing radicalisation to grow.
Did India again conduct a surgical strike?
Rajnath Singh again hinted at a surgical strike across the border to avenge the killing of Border Security Force (BSF) constable Narender Singh on September 18 in Jammu’s Ramgarh sector saying that the Indian Army has taken “some action over the issue”.
“I said it earlier and it is not absurd. Something had happened. That’s why I said so. I cannot tell it openly because it will send a wrong message to the international community,” he said.
This is the second time Rajnath Singh has hinted at a surgical strike across the border. Earlier on September 29, on the second anniversary of the 2016 surgical strikes, the Home Minister had indicated at yet another surgical strike-like operation on the terror launch pads across the border to avenge the killing of the BSF jawan.
“Kuch hua hai main bataunga nahi…Vishwas rakhna theek thaak hua hai do din pehle…aur aage dekhiye kya hoga (Something big has happened, I won’t say what…it has gone alright just two-three days ago. Some people know. And you will see ahead, what happens). I have told the BSF, they are our neighbours, don’t fire the first bullet. But if they fire the first one, don’t count how many you fire back,” he said.