New Delhi: Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Tuesday assured that efforts are being taken to prevent Pulwama like incidents in the future. Addressing a press conference in Bengaluru, she said, “We are gathering more information from the ground.” She also rejected Pakistan PM Imran Khan statement and asked What steps Pakistan took when India send Dossiers on 26/11 attacks?
Notably, earlier in the day, Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan said he will take action and start a probe if India provides evidence of Islamabad’s involvement.
“My statement is for the Indian government. You (Indian govt) have blamed the Pakistan government without any evidence,” said Khan while addressing the media over the Pulwama terror attack. “It is in our interest that nobody from our soil spreads violence. I want to tell Indian govt that we will take action if evidence is found against anyone from Pakistan,” he had stated. Also Read: Jaish-e-Mohammed Leadership Wiped Out in Less Than 100 Hours of Pulwama Terror Attack, Says Indian Army
Speaking on Pak PM’s statement, she said, “I would not want to say how our Govt is going to respond to this as no word is sufficient enough to assuage the anger and disappointment of every person of the country.” She further stated that security forces have been full freedom to respond at any given time and as they see fit.
Talking on Mumbai attack she said, “Since the Mumbai attack, not just this government but earlier government too sent dossiers after dossiers and evidence. What action has Pakistan taken on them?”
Reacting sharply to the statement by Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan statement, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said, “We are not surprised that the Prime Minister of Pakistan refuses to acknowledge the attack on our security forces in Pulwama as an act of terrorism. He has neither chosen to condemn this heinous act nor condoled with the bereaved families.” (ALSO READ: Mamata Raises Question on Timing of Pulwama Attack)
The foreign ministry also lambasted Khan for demanding evidences of Islamabad’s involvement in the attack, stating, “PM of Pakistan has offered to investigate the matter if India provides proof. This is a lame excuse. In the horrific attack in Mumbai on 26/11, the proof was provided to Pak. Despite this, the case has not progressed for more than 10 years. Likewise, on the terror attack in Pathankot, there has been no progress. Promises of “guaranteed action” ring hollow given the track record of Pak. In this “Naya Pakistan”, Ministers publicly share platforms with terrorists like Hafiz Saeed who have been proscribed by UN.”
Last Thursday on Feb 14, 40 CRPF personnel lost their lives in one of the deadliest terror attacks in Pulwama when a suicide bomber rammed a vehicle carrying over 100 kg of explosives into their bus. Over 2,500 Central Reserve Police Force personnel, many of them returning from leave to rejoin duty in the Valley, were travelling in the convoy of 78 vehicles when they were ambushed on the Srinagar-Jammu highway at Latoomode in Awantipora in south Kashmir.