Pune: A fire broke out at a slum near Shivajinagar in Maharashtra’s Pune on Wednesday afternoon. At least six fire tenders have been rushed to the spot. No injuries or casualties have been reported.

The incident was reported from Patil Estate Lane number 3. Preliminary investigation suggests that the blaze erupted due to a short circuit. Meanwhile, an official confirmation on the same is yet awaited.

Earlier this month, fire broke out in a fibre factory near Bhavani Peth in Pune. Nine fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

In October, two persons were killed in a fire mishap at a slum area in Pune. The blaze erupted after a gas cylinder exploded around 3 AM in a shanty located at Dalvinagar in Pimpri Chinchwad area on the city’s outskirts.

The fire spread rapidly and engulfed five other shanties in the neighbourhood, an official was quoted as saying. Fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the blaze was extinguished, he added.

The deceased were identified as Pradip Mote (38) and Shankar Kshirsagar (35), the official said, adding that a case was registered in connection with the incident.