Chandigarh: After Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi carried out his first cabinet expansion on Sunday, the Punjab government on Tuesday allocated portfolios to the newly inducted ministers. While CM Channi kept power, Vigilance, Justice, Civil Aviation departments among 14 other portfolios his deputy CM Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa was given home affairs, cooperation and jails. Channi’s second deputy Om Parkash Soni was allocated health and family welfare, defence services welfare and freedom fighters.Also Read - Sidhu Seeks Meet With Sonia Gandhi For His 13-Point Agenda to Resurrect Punjab Congress in 2022 Polls
Check the full list of newly inducted ministers and their portfolios here:-
- Brahm Mohindra gets Parliamentary affairs, Elections,
- Manpreet Singh Badal gets Finance, Tax, governance reforms
- Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa gets Rural development and Panchayat, animal husbandry, fisheries and dairy development
- Aruna Chaudhary gets revenue, rehabilitation and disaster management
- Sukhbir Singh Sarkaria gets water resource, housing and urban development
- Rana Gurjeet Singh gets technical education, Horticulture, employment generation and training
- Razia Sultana gets Water supply and sanitation, women and child development, social security, printing and stationary
- Vijay Inder Singla gets Public works, Administrative reforms
- Bharat Bhushan Ashu gets Food, Civil supplies and consumer affairs
- Randeep Singh Nabha gets Agriculture and Farmers’ welfare and Food Processing
- Raj Kumar Verka gets Social justice, empowerment and minorities, medical education and research, new and renewable energy sources
- Sangat Singh Gilzian gets Forests, Wild Life, Labour
- Pargat Singh gets School, Higher education, Sports and Youth Services, NRI Affairs
- Amarinder Singh Raja Warring gets Transport
- Gurkirat Singh Kohli gets Industries and Commerce, IT and Science and Technology
Also Read - Entire Affair Orchestrated By Sidhu, His Aides: Amarinder On Charge Of MLAs Wanting His Replacement
The Cabinet expansion came a week after Amarinder Singh resigned as chief minister following a bitter power tussle with Punjab Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu. Also Read - Amarinder Singh May Float New Party, in Touch Several Loyalists From Punjab Congress: Reports
The Punjab chief minister had carried out his first cabinet expansion on Sunday, inducting 15 Cabinet ministers, which included seven new entrants.
The new faces in the Channi ministry are Randeep Singh Nabha, Raj Kumar Verka, Sangat Singh Gilzian, Pargat Singh, Amarinder Singh Raja Warring and Gurkirat Singh Kotli.
Brahm Mohindra, Manpreet Singh Badal, Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa, Aruna Chaudhary, Sukhbinder Singh Sarkaria, Razia Sultana, Vijay Inder Singla and Bharat Bhushan Ashu, who were ministers in the previous Amarinder Singh led cabinet, were retained as Cabinet Ministers.
(With inputs from agencies)