New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday issued a formal notice to Centre on review petitions filed against the December 14 judgement on Rafale deal. Attorney General KK Venugopal sought at least 4 weeks time to file reply on the review. The top court has asked the Centre to file a reply by May 4 and post the matter for hearing on May 6.
Earlier this month, the apex court had dismissed Centre’s objection claiming privilege over stolen documents used by petitioners to seek review of Rafale judgement. The stolen classified documents can now be looked into and considered as evidence for the re-examination of top court’s December verdict.
“We dismiss the preliminary objection raised by Union of India questioning the maintainability of the review petition,” the bench comprising of Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Justice K M Joseph had said on the previous occasion. (Also read: ‘Dynasts Can’t Rewrite Court Orders in Democracy,’ Says Jaitley on SC Asking Rahul to Explain Rafale Remark)