Dhubri: Amidst the Opposition seeking details of the death toll in the airstrike, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday stated that the number of terrorists killed in the airstrike would be known either by ‘today or tomorrow’. Mocking Opposition leaders further, Singh, while speaking at a rally in Assam’s Dhubri said, “If my Congress friends feel that the numbers should be informed to then go, count and ask people there. Politics should not be done only to form a government, but it should be rather used to build the country.”

“Kitne mare, kitne mare?” (how many died?) Should our Air Force go and count the bodies after the attack– 1,2, 3, 4, 5…? What is this joke?” he asked, adding, “India’s respected and authentic National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO) surveillance system had confirmed that 300 mobile phones were active in that region when IAF jets had dropped bombs. Now, will you not believe the NTRO also? ”

Earlier on Monday, technical surveillance carried out by the NTRO (The National Technical Research Organisation) confirmed that around 300 active mobile connections were found in the facility at the JeM’s Balakot camp hours before the February 26 IAF air strike.

As per reports, a number of active mobile phones gave a clear picture of the total number of inmates housed at the terror camps when it was completely decimated by 12 Mirage-2000 fighter jets of IAF rained bombs.

“A similar number of active targets were corroborated by other Indian intelligence agencies as well that had inputs suggesting the same number of operatives in JeM terror camp in Balakot,” news agency ANI quoted sources as saying.

The NTRO reportedly began its surveillance soon after the IAF had received clearance to target the Pakistani terror camps in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

On February 26, 12 Mirage 2000 IAF jets penetrated deep inside the Pakistani air space and launched 1,000 kg Spice 2000 bombs at the camp in Balakot, which allegedly housed terrorists, including commanders, and an ammunition dump. Hours after the airstrike, Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale had reportedly said that “a large number of JeM terrorists, trainers, senior commanders were eliminated” in the pre-emptive action.