New Delhi: The 15-member panel mandated to oversee an uninterrupted construction of Lord Ram’s temple in Ayodhya on Wednesday held a meeting in the national capital and announced their decision on the appointment of three key members of the committee. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s former Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra is set to head the operations for the construction of Ram Temple.Also Read - Russia Ukraine War: PM Modi Speaks With Putin; Bats For Dialogue
The muharat for the beginning of the construction will be announced within the next fifteen days. Also Read - PM Narendra Modi Lavishes Praise On Mithali Raj, Says Cricketer Is An 'Inspiration' To Many
Mahant Nritya Gopal Das has been appointed as the chairman of the trust. Besides, Vishva Hindu Parishad President Champat Rai has been named General Secretary, while Govind Dev Giri will be the Treasurer of the trust. Also Read - 'Bavarian Band, Indian Diaspora': PM Modi Receives Warm Welcome In Germany Ahead Of G7 Summit | Watch
Speaking to reporters following the meeting, Nritya Gopal Das said, “Logon ki bhavna ka aadar kiya jaayega. Jaldi se jaldi mandir ka nirman hoga (People’s sentiment will be respected, temple will be constructed at the soonest).”
A total of 14 members were present for the first meeting of ‘Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust’ in its Delhi office, since the Supreme Court’s historic verdict on Ram Mandir-Babri Masjid land dispute.
The committee will also include two IAS officers – Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Avnish Awasthi and Ayodhya District Magistrate Anuj Jha – who will take part in the trust meetings on behalf of Uttar Pradesh government.
Full List of Members of the Trust
1. K Parasaran, lawyer
2. Jagatguru Shankracharya
3. Jyothishpeethadheeshwar Swami Vasudevan
4. Saraswati Ji Maharaj
5. Jagatguru Madhavacharya Swami Vishwa Prasannatheerth Ji Maharaj
6. Pejawar Math in Udupi
7. Yugpurush Paramanand Ji Maharaj
8. Swami Govinddev Giri Ji Maharaj
9. Vimlendra Mohan Pratap Mishra
10. Champat Rai – General Secretary (Hindu member nominated by the trustees)
11. Mahant Nritya Gopal Das – Chairman (Ex-Officio)
12. Govind Dev Giri – Treasurer (Second Hindu member nominated by the trustees)
13. Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Avnish Awasthi – IAS officer (Ex-Officio member)
14. One representative from the UP government who will be Hindu (Ex-Officio member)
15. Ayodhya District Magistrate Anuj Jha (Ex-Officio member)
The setting up of the trust was announced on February 5 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Lok Sabha. On November 9, 2019, the Supreme Court had ruled in favour of a temple in the then-contested site of Ayodhya.
The notification, which was issued announcing the setting up of the trust, said that the trust has been registered with its office at R-20, Greater Kailash Part-1, New Delhi, 110048. This is the residential address of K Parasaran, the 92-year-old senior lawyer who contested the case.