New Delhi: Police on Wednesday said that they had achieved a breakthrough in the death case of Rohit Shekhar Tiwari as they had found concrete evidence against his wife and the latter had confessed to the crime as well. Apoorva Shukla Tiwari has been sent to two-day police custody by Delhi’s Saket court.Also Read - Delhi Police to Charge Wife of Rohit Tiwari For His Murder

Also Read - Daughter-in-law of Former UP CM, Who Murdered Husband, Learns Tarot Cards in Tihar Jail

Tiwari’s wife Apoorva Shukla was arrested earlier on charges of murder. Confirming the arrest, Additional CP (crime) Rajiv Ranjan said, “With the arrest of Apurva Shukla Tiwari, the mystery around the murder of Rohit Shekhar Tiwari has been solved by the Crime Branch. On April 10, Tiwari with his mother, relatives and driver went to Uttarakhand to vote and returned on April 15. He was drinking all the way from Uttarakhand to Delhi with a female relative. Also Read - Apoorva Trying to Tarnish my Son's Image, Finished Off Entire Family by Killing Him: Rohit Shekhar Tiwari's Mother

After dinner, Tiwari went to his room where he was joined by Apoorva around 12.30 AM.

Ranjan added that Apoorva, a lawyer practising in the Supreme Court, had confessed to the crime. “It was not pre-planned but there was bitterness between the two. From day one, they had a turbulent marriage. They fought over Rohit drinking in the car …Apoorva strangled him,” Ranjan reportedly said.

According to Ranjan, Tiwari’s post mortem report said he died two hours after his dinner which was at 11 PM and Apoorva had insisted that she met him between 1 AM and 2 AM before retiring to her own room for the night.

The next day, every time Tiwari’s mother wanted to speak to him, Apoorva told her he was sleeping till late.

Tiwari’s domestic help had also claimed that the couple had fought over video call before his death.

On Monday, SIT questioned Apoorva for around ten hours, said reports.

Tiwari was found dead last week. Initially, it had appeared to be a case of cardiac arrest but AIIMS doctors raised an alarm and police registered a case of murder.