New Delhi, March 13: Congress former President Sonia Gandhi is set to host leaders of Opposition parties for dinner tonight in what is being seen as a big push towards forming a grand alliance ahead of Lok Sabha Elections 2019. As many as 17 opposition parties have confirmed attendance for the dinner hosted by Sonia Gandhi. Even as there were reports of cracks between the Congress and the NCP, party supremo Sharad Yadav has reportedly confirmed that he would attend the dinner meet. Also Read - Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir Laud PM Narendra Modi's Motivational Speech at Leh/Ladakh Amid India-China Stand-Off | SEE POSTS
Among other leaders attending the sinner meet tonight are NCP leader Tariq Anwar, former Jharkhand chief minister Hemant Soren and JMM MP Sanjeev Kumar. While West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee will not be attending the dinner meet, she has sent TMC MP Derek O’ Brien to attend it. Former chief minister of Bihar and Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM) chief Jitan Ram Manjhi will also join the dinner. Also Read - JioMeet Joins 'Local ke Liye Vocal' Call as India Bans Chinese Apps
Here is the list of other leaders joining Sonia Gandhi’s dinner meet tonight: Also Read - Galwan Clash: 'Will Never Bow Down to Any World Power', PM Modi After Meeting Injured Soldiers at Leh Hospital
- Lalu Prasad Yadav’s son Tejaswi Yadav and RJD MP Jai Prakash Yadav
- From Assam, AIUDF MP Badruddin Ajmal and his son
- DMK MP Kanimozhi and other MPs
- RLD’s Chaudhary Ajit Singh
- BSP’s Satish Chandra Mishra
- SP’s Ram Gopal Yadav and Dharmendra Yadav
- JDU rebel leaders Sharad Yadav and Ali Anwar
- CPM’s Sitaram Yechury
- CPI’s D Raja
- From Congress, party president Rahul Gandhi and leaders Ahmed Patel, Mallikarjun Kharge, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Janardhan Dwivedi and Jyotiraditya Scindia are also expected to be present.
All eyes are on Gandhi’s dinner meet. Ahead of the meet, Sonia Gandhi has reportedly appealed to all the Opposition parties to forget any rivalry and come together. It is being seen as her effort to form an anti-Narendra Modi front. If Gandhi succeeds to establish a united Opposition, the political scenario ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls is set to become an interesting one.